Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good Humor Birthday Cake

I read a review in a magazine recently about Good Humor's Ice Cream Cake flavor of ice cream. It comes in several forms, one of which is on a stick. I haven't been able to find it in my local grocery. But this past weekend, when the hubster and I took a trip to Lexington KY, the heavens opened and the angels sang. Yup, there it was, in the ice cream case of a small country store.



I was so excited to take the first bite, I could scarcely contain myself long enough to take a picture. Finally I ripped the package open and took the first bite. Rapidly chewing, I swallowed while taking the next bite. The hubster asked me how it was. My mouth stuffed with the third bite, I replied, "Mumble-garble-umph." In foodese that means, "Pretty amazing but I'm enjoying it too much to come up for air!"



Yes, by some magical twist of the universe, Good Humor's Birthday Cake ice cream bar does indeed taste exactly like birthday cake. Some--those who aren't birthday cake aficionados--may say that's a bad thing. But as for me, I'm still licking my lips as I try to devise ways of getting back to that store in Lexington.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment