Saturday, May 25, 2013

Russell’s House of Beef

Spending the night in Corinth Mississippi Saturday night, after a full day of travel and Battlefield exploration at Shiloh, we were starved. The first recommendation out of the desk clerk’s mouth when we asked her where to eat, was Russell’s.

Walking into Russell’s, the first thing you see is the salad bar. I admit I was expecting a mile long salad buffet with every imaginable green and salad fixing you can think of because the sign on the outside of the building said, “Home of our world famous salad bar.” I found the salad bar to be very lackluster and sparse with only the barest of the basics. Immediately my expectations lowered to practically nil.

 

We decided to do a shared meal. It’s an option we often do so we can try several things. The hubster order the 18oz ribeye with hand-cut fries while I opted for the shrimp skewers; two skewers(ten on each) grilled shrimp. When the food came he cut off half of his steak for me and I gave him one of the shrimp skewers.

 
Wow. Seriously, that’s all I can say; wow. Their steaks and even the shrimp were grilled over an open pit fire that most definitely contained wood of some sort. Close your eyes as you take a bite of steak and shrimp. In your minds eye you can see yourself sitting around a campfire while your food cooks over it, can’t you? Yeah, they’re that good.

 

When you aren’t shoving steak in your pie hole with both fists, you’ll be munching on their hand cut fries. The most delightful, flavorful garlic bread comes with your meal. Doesn’t matter to me; I never eat the bread. I ate the garlic bread! Delightfully crisp with just the right amount of butter, it wasn’t overpowering with garlic flavor, but had just enough.

You'll want to make sure you go early though because the entire town rolls up it's sidewalks by 9:00 o'clock. Seriously! Even the Kmart and liquor store closed at 9:00 and on a Saturday night to boot.

 
Russell’s House of Beef
104 U.S. 72
Corinth MS 38824


http://www.russellsbeefhouse.com/
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment